GET THINGS READY & AVAILABLE
1. Using a cordless vacuum option helps not to procrastinate – you don’t have to plug it in or deal with any cords!
2. Cleaning your floors with a steam mop without having to make a soapy bucket encourages to get things done. It is less work, less mess, and your floors will look just as great.
3. Keep things simple! The more simple, the more likely I am to get it done.
4. Make your all purpose cleanser. Here is the recipe: 1.5 Cup water, 1/2 tsp. dish soap, 15 drops of essential oil (orange, tangerine, lemon, etc). I like using this bottle for my cleaners.
5. Keeping the decoration in this room is very simple. Let the food do the talking. A candle can set a cozy atmosphere, a few branch from a green bush will add life to it. It’s like painting on a clean canvas but the pain is the food. It encourages me to use colorful vegetables.
6. We always take our vitamins after our meal. We keep vitamins in a simple, decorative container on our dining room table so that we don’t forget to take them. It also saves us an extra trip from the kitchen to the table so we are more likely to take them.
FRIDGE STORAGE & CLEANING
7. Placing a liner in the drawers in the fridge makes for easier cleaning. This stops the jars of food from sliding too. When it is time to clean the fridge, you can just remove the liners and rinse them off. Sometimes I do deep cleaning, but this helps the weekly cleaning go way faster!
8. I use 3 main storage system to keep food fresh for longer. I use all the same size simple mason jars and lids as the glass will keep the food fresh way longer and it’s better for your health. I store food and vegetables that we are going to eat in the next day or two using this method.
9. In the second storage system, I use the Zwilling vacuum system including their bags and glass containers. I use these in the fridge and freezer and I save so much food this way because it doesn’t go bad quickly. It also helps my cooking during the week because the food prep takes the longest for cooking a meal. I prepvegetables early and store in Zwilling bags to cook faster during the week. I can also create a filing sustem in my freezer with these so I can actually see what I have.
10. The third method of food storage I use is these stainless steel containers that are for items I want to store flat or bigger amounts or when we are traveling and want to take food with us.
11. Utilizing long organizer drawers and containers in fridge helps categorizing alike items, reach food that would be pushed to the back, and pair the alike items such as fermented veggies and jams.
12. Don’t overstock your fridge. A crowded fridge can lead to some areas that will have higher temperatures, and other areas that will freeze food.
13. Problem: Bringing in dirt & mud from outside. Solution: Having one mat outside and one inside is a huge buffer for bringing in the dirt.
14. We have lots of rain in Oregon so we can’t put our wet coats straight in to the coat closet. We hang our coats on some hooks just inside the front door to dry before putting them in the closet.
15. Having baskets for each family member that contain hats and mittens makes it easy to locate everything as we leave in a hurry.
16. Problem: Paper shredder got jammed, took time and effort to unjam and makes harder to recycle. Solution: This little gadget covers our private information, so it is safe to recycle.
17. Storing items using horizontal storage creates more visual clutter, but using vertical storage takes up way less space.
18. Have a home where it’s clean and tidy enough to make you feel relaxed rather than stressed out. Problem: high traffic. Solution: Simplify and reduce.
19. Have a space for every item. Our living room is very simple with items that we use every day! We also invite friends over to this space so we try to keep it simple. This also makes the area easier to tidy up!
21. Problem: Too much clothes to wash. Can you relate to that 😀 Solution: Simplify – Do a load of laundry a day so the laundry doesn’t pile up and dirt doesn’t set into your clothes.
22. I also like to soak whites using the pre-soak option to get stains out.
23. Kids can help too! They can match socks, put the sheets on the bed, and do age appropriate tasks. As they are getting older, they can help a lot more too!
24. I like to use hooks in my closet even just for tidy up so I can easily hang things like purses or hats.
25. For adults, I like to fold the shirts because they take up less space, but for the kids, I like to hang them because kids don’t pay that much attention. They tend to dig through drawers to find their clothes. Clothes are easy to take down if hanging and they can see all their clothes easier if they are hanging in the closet.
26. Place your hamper where it is most convenient. If dirty clothes aren’t making it into the hamper, it’s probably in the wrong place! We keep our hamper in the bathroom, because that is where the dirty clothes end up.
27. I leave the door open at all times when not using the bathroom. Mold loves dark and humid environments so this helps minimize the mold.
28. I keep cleaning tools handy in the bathroom so I can do a quick clean here and there when I get around to it. This way the bathroom doesn’t get to the point that I have to scrub.
29. I keep the decor very minimal because we already have so much going on in this teeny tiny room!
30. I organize things by how often they are used. I only have a couple items that I use every single day and they come very handy in a box in the top drawer.
31. Vertical storage works well in the bathroom too! I use a tall basket for my curling irons and tools.
KITCHEN & PANTRY
32. Wash a dish every time you need to wash your hands. You will be surprised how often you have to wash your hands as you cook and how many dishes will disappear from your sink that way! Clean as you cook, cook as you clean.
33. The key to clean things in the kitchen with less effort is to clean them when the mess is fresh. The sooner we clean it, the easier it will be! I’m trying my best with this and it gives me motivation to get things done but there are days when I have a headache or business gets in the way, but I’m working on it!
34. Problem: busy looking countertops. Solution: Have a tray to gather random things that you often use. Vertical storage works well here too for spatulas and whisks!
35. Hanging bags for storage in an otherwise useless space will give you easy access to onions and potatoes and they will stay fresh for longer if in a place with good ventilation.
36. Sanitize cleaning supplies – try to avoid sponges. In an industrial kitchen, sponges are banned because they have so much bacteria. I use this soft scrubber and it dries in ten minutes. At night, I soak it in hydrogen peroxide for about 10-15 minutes.
37.I like to use this UV light to sanitize too.
38. Cleaning the cutting board – when I wash the cutting board, I make it wet on both sides to avoid tilting or warping. Drying it immediately and treating it with some fractionated coconut oil once a week will keep it in good condition.
39. Garbage, recycle, compost – Have a great flow for the disposal in a designated area. If the garbage and recycling build up too much, my countertop will show it. The easier it is to take out the compost or the recycling, the more I’m willing to do it. I put our recycle bin in our garage right next to the door leading in to our home.
40. I have a hidden area to dry towels and brushes. Having those towels out of sight will make your kitchen look more put together
41. Zone organizing is a way of organizing the kitchen and pantry so more people can work in the kitchen together there will be less walking between tasks. I store the dishes close to the dishwasher that we have to wash the most often and I have some towels next to the sink. I store all the dishes together that I use to prepare breakfast and I store them close to the pantry so I don’t have to go far to grab the flour and supplies for baking. I also have a bread baking drawer.
42. I like to have glass jar (large, medium, and small ones) in the pantry so I can see how much of each food I have and I store all empty jars in the same place. This way, I have a good sense of how much space I have and how much room I have for new supplies. Packaging in the store is designed to grab your attention and the packaging is designed to show you there’s more food than it actually is. When I look at the food in the jar, I can see how much there really is and I can write the expiration on the bottom with a chalk marker. This keeps my pantry looking nice and you can source these jars very easily.
Thank you so much for checking out this post! You can watch the video below to see how I use these 42 tips in my home!
Many many thanks for your excellent work!!! 👍👌😊
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you being here 😄🤗❤
Hi, there! Quick question, what type of soap do you use in the dishwasher?
Hi Cherylyn! Here is the LINK 🙂 It is on amazon!
Thank you so very much I love being able to read through at my own pace.
Oh good! Thank you for checking out my website, I’m happy you enjoy it 😃💗💖
This is really great. The site is eye appealing and your hard work apparent. I enjoyed the extra video. I’m looking forward to seeing the garden grow. The tips are the best, especially regarding the refrigerator. Happy Mother’s day dear.
Happy mother’s day Felicia! Thank you so much for reading my website and watching my videos, it really makes my day 💗💗 I’m so glad the tips are helpful! 🤗
What a fun surprise on a Friday evening!
I live north of you in the state of Washington! We too are celebrating this amazing weather!
I love the new blog. After my comment, I am going to grab my journal and planner, pour a big lemon ice water and go back for further study of this amazing post!
I so appreciate all of the effort and time taken to put it together.
It’s a lovely gift to your readers and followers!
. . . And I am loving shopping in your Amazon store!
Happy Mother’s Day, Noemi!
Hi Lynne, you are so sweet! This weather is making me soooo happy 😃☺ I hope you enjoyed reading through the 42 tips and found something that was helpful for you! Thank you so much for checking out my website and shopping my Amazon store ❤❤❤ Happy Mothers Day!! 💐🌻
thank you for writing down all those amazing tips. Greetings to you and your Family from Germany. Heike
Hi Heike! I really appreciate you reading through this post 💖❤☺ Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! 😊
Thank you for all these brilliant tips. I have already made a few changes at home. Thank you for sharing your lovely home with everyone.
I love hearing that this post was helpful for you Karen! Thank you so much for being here ☺❤
I am your Long time follower on YouTube and I have watched all your wonderful videos but these tips are always helpful for me and I get inspired by them in keeping my home clean and organized 🥰💛
Thank you so much for watching my videos!! It really makes my day and I’m so happy they are inspiring for you ☺🤗 It is the best news to hear that!
I just rewatched this video a couple of nights ago. Such great ideas. Thank you for sharing here in written form, too. Have a great evening!
Hi Donna 🤗 Thank you so much for watching my videos (and rewatching!) I really appreciate your time ❤❤ and checking out my website too! Hope you have a great day ❤❤💖
Thank you very much for the tips 😀 its amazing.
I have one question , do i have wash my eggs in warm water or cold water with salt ?
Thank you very much 😊
Hi Roos 🤗❤ thank you for being here! I’m soo glad you love what I share. I wash our eggs in warm water to keep out the bacteria from the inside of the eggs 🐔❤❤
So thankful for these wonderful tips Noemi!
I already adapted a lot of them into our little home and helped so much! 😊
I’m so happy these were helpful for you Artemis! 😀❤💗
Many many thanks for your excellent work. Your tips and advices are wonderful and very helpful.
I’m so happy to hear that 😄😄 I really appreciate your support! ❤
Thank you for all you share and the videos. Your website is helpful and appreciated. For one Mother to another have an amazing Mother’s Day. God Bless. Cuppa a tea to you. Courtney-lynn (Southern neighbor in Albany, Oregon)☕️
Hi Courtney ❤ Thank you for your kind message. I’m so glad my website is helpful! Happy mother’s day, I hope you had a very enjoyable day to you ☺ Hugs!
Hello and good day, Noemi and family!
I think you’re doing a wonderful job and good service to not only your family, but to everyone that watches your videos.
I’m glad you set boundaries and take care of yourself too!
Thank you for all your hard work. You definitely help to inspire and motivate!