Gluten Free Pizza Dough Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure HERE.
Since we became gluten free and had to avoid so many things from our diet, we never order pizza. So I decided I needed to create my own pizza recipe to enjoy with my family! This gluten free pizza dough recipe yields a tasty and crispy crust and uses yeast to make it chewy like normal pizza. This recipe is easy too!
Gluten Free Pizza Recipe Details
This pizza recipe is really easy to make and it’s so fun. My whole family really loves pizza dinner nights, so let me show you how we do it!
Step 1 – Combine the yeast, water, almond milk, and maple syrup.
Step 2 – After the yeast is foamy, add the rest of the dough ingredents and mix. Flatten out the dough onto a piece of parchment paper.
Step 3 – Add your toppings, finish baking, and enjoy your gluten free pizza!
For the dough:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk (you can use water if you don't have milk at home)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ghee (or any oil you like, lard etc. )
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 cup Namaste brand all purpose gluten free flour
For the sauce:
- Tomato sauce
- Olive Oil
- Italian Spice (or basil)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Combine the water, almond milk, maple syrup, and yester. Set in a warm place until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast is active and foaming pour it in a mixer bowl and add the egg, salt, ghee (or oil), almond flour, and all purpose gluten free flour.
- Mix well and then press the dough in the size of a pizza on a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake it until it's still not brown on the edges but the dough is becoming more firm. I baked mine on 400F for about 13 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, prepare your sauce by mixing tomato sauce, basil or italian herbs, and a little bit of olive oil together to taste.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza and add the toppings you like. I put pepperoni, red onion and dairy free cheese on it. Put back into the oven for 5 minutes or so when the pepperoni gets glassy and the pizza dough gets a little brown on the edges it's done.
- Enjoy your super simple gluten free pizza!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.